Monday, June 23, 2008

FINALLY Cookies (Modified Ms. Field's Cookies)

I've been trying to follow this recipe ever since I've been married, getting very mixed results along the way. For much of the time, I blamed poor performance on high altitude. But . . . but . . . I think this weekend I cracked the code. I didn't change the recipe, just the method.

1 C softened butter (no margarine)(don't microwave it to get it soft--it never works out)
.5 C white sugar
1.5 brown sugar
2 eggs
2.5 tsp vanilla (as always, keep it Mexican)

2.5 C BREAD flour (seriously, I think this is the most important factor--BREAD flour, not all purpose)
.75 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder (heaping teaspon)
1 tsp baking soda (I usually put a little less than a whole teaspoon
2 - 3 C chocolate chips

1. Cream butter. Slowly add sugar while butter is whipping in the food processor. Add eggs and vanilla.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.  

3. Turn that processor back on, slowly adding the dry mix to the cookie mix.

4. Add chocolate chips.

5. Place 5 small balls of dough onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper

No comments: